August is gone, and it’s time to start the Fall!!! Time is flying by which is both good and bad. It’s good because seeing me cross off all the goals feels nice, but at the same time I feel myself getting older and part of me starts freaking out. Will I accomplish everything in my goals? Am I too aggressive? LOL Part of me wants to sit back and relax, and the other part of me wants to bulldoze through life and get things done.
I sat down for a short lunch with my VP on Friday. It was great to get some feedback and we started talking about some long term goals. Nothing set in stone, but I voiced how I felt about my career moving forward. I feel very lucky and grateful to have such a great boss and VP who care about the development of their employees. I’m not sure how long I will stay at this company, who knows what will happen in the future, but I like where I am at right now. So far so good. There are periods of times where I’m running around like crazy (last Mon-Thurs) and dragging slow times (last Friday).
I went to visit my family this weekend and it was pretty good. I realized I need to get home to see them more often. Hoping maybe the second week of October. I need to check my school calendar. I started school this week again! We’ll see how it goes.
Here the goals for this month.
- Save, save, save $2500. Setting the monthly goal pretty high considering this month is not a three paycheck month. Aim high, hopefully land somewhere close. 🙂 We are really trying to build up our $20,000 EF by December.
- Spend no more than $2500.
- Pay $400 to car loan
- Workout 4 times a week and lose 3 pounds. I have gained a couple pounds since I started working at the office. I have been working out but it’s not enough. I need to start running again. So, my goal this month is to do 3 hours of fitness classes and 1 hour of hard core cardio a week.
- Make some side hustle $$$ Babysitting is getting pretty old…The lady I work for keeps asking to babysit on the hour she wants me to come and I have to change my plans if I want to make money. It’s money though and I can’t complain. I’m pretty sure I can last until December, but I think I’m going to have to do something different in 2013.
- Sell 2 pairs of shoes on Ebay. I have two pairs of brand new Vince Camuto shoes that I need to sell!
- Write 3 blogs a week. Write 2 guest posts.
I’ve decided to go with Ortho A for my braces. This will be an added expense over the next 2.5 yrs that I need to take into account in my budget. I’m so excited! Even though I’m not going to enjoy having the braces, I can’t wait to see the end result 🙂
There it is. Hope everybody has set some goals for September! 🙂