Hi Readers! I hope everyone is having a great Monday and hope everyone had a great weekend! My weekend was pretty great, I’m not going to lie. On Saturday, I cleaned the apartment and watched TV all day. On Sunday, we played softball (our team won! and I scored once, got on base 90% of the time :)), went grocery shopping, and watched the closing ceremony of the Olympics ceremony plus True Blood (guilty pleasure). Let’s just say the closing ceremony was a bit odd, cool, and grand! Did anybody think the Giant Octopus was crazy weird!?! What about Russell Brand’s fantasy tale? The LED effects were pretty cool! The audience was part of the entire performance -takes me back to some art history theory-. However, I do think the performance would have been thoroughly enjoyed by people under some type of influence (if you catch my drift) LOL!
My day has been pretty crazy and I am stealing 20 minutes from my afternoon to write this post. I skipped lunch because I had to crunch some numbers for a 1 o’ clock meeting.
For some time now, I have been pondering on the direction of this blog. It has been an awesome 6 months and I want to keep the momentum. So far, my blog has been viewed 3,500x!!! Pretty crazy, considering I started blogging in the middle of my graduate semester. Writing posts was my only outlet away from the stress school, marriage, and family brought. Thankfully, six months later work is pretty stable, and my marriage is happier than ever. I’m still working on improving the relationship with my family though (WIP).
I know this is not a purely financial blog. I want to tackle many issues relating to life in general, career, and finances in the future. I don’t think I’m ever going to deviate from inserting some of the crazy stuff I have been through. It’s always going to be personal.I know I’m young (only 22), but I do believe sharing my experiences will help some college students starting out. Or maybe some high school students? 🙂 I did manage to get through school without debt, buy my first car with cash, and land a good job? I know we are not 50K in debt, only 5K, which may not seem like a lot to some people, but it is a lot to us. I want to start laying out the foundation for a great financial future here.
Here are some issues I have been debating:
- I have been using the pseudonym Savvy Financial Latina. It’s something I came up with in the middle of night after many countless hours of uninterrupted cramming. Should I keep it or start using my name?
- Anonymity- I will not be “coming out” and using my complete real name. First, I don’t want this blog to mix in with my career life. Second, other than my husband nobody close to me knows about this blog, and I want to keep it that away. My portal here is an escape where I can write my thoughts.
- Switching to self hosting. I want to switch to self hosting, but I also need to decide what I should name my blog.
- I’m not sure if I should keep the SFL name or switch it. I think by switching it, it will open up my blog more to more readers. I already have a name in my mind. What do you think?
- What do you like or not like about my blog? Is there anything you would like me to concentrate on?
As always, thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts. Believe it or not, your thoughts help calm my anxiety. 🙂 You have no idea how crazy busy my mind can get sometimes. LOL