Today I am posting 2x. I have been pretty behind on posting, and am trying to catch up, and be better! Well it has been a pretty crazy week. It’s Friday and I am almost finished with my first week of work. I was definitely pretty busy this week. I came into the office at 8 am and did not leave until 6 pm. I then either went to the gym or babysitting, so my day ended around 10 pm. I barely had a lunch break because I was in and out of meetings. But at least I am getting paid, right? I can’t wait to see my first paycheck! I really love my company. I already have a coffee mug, hot thermos, and water canteen with my company’s logo imprinted. I will pass these gifts to my family since they love to have things that say my university’s name and now my company’s name. I also arrived Wednesday to see a special package: a tin of cookies from my company! 🙂 I am also getting a Samsung Galaxy phone. They will be paying for my phone bill 🙂 I will finally upgrade from MetroPCS talk and text only! I feel so grown up 🙂
On Wednesday, I also received great news! The apartment below the apartment we leased became available. So we are moving in sooner than August 23rd. Actually we are moving next weekend!!! So excited! My summer hopes were just revived!
We still have that pesky loan we have to take care off, but unfortunately we do not have the money to clear it right now. I will have to re-do my budget to include the monthly car payment, and come up with a plan to pay it off. Also, his parents are giving my husband $1,000 as part of his graduation gift. They said they will give it to us after the loan is paid off, but I really think they should give it to us now. That way interest won’t accumulate on the $1K. How do you think we should approach this?
Here is a round up on some great personal finance posts. My goal is to publish a weekly round up every week. 🙂 I need to come up with a better system of documenting what posts I really like. I read a lot but always forget to link em. Is there a link generator out there?
- Michelle @ Making Sense of Cents – Is a House Right For You?
- Erika @ From Shopping to Saving – Bad Financial Advice From Parents Planning a Frugal Proposal
- Ninja @ Punch Debt in the Face – The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions
- Daisy @ When Life Gives You Lemons A Few Simple Steps to Build Wealth
- Bridget @ Money After Graduation – Ghost Town in Germany
- Aloysa @ Broken Coin – Motherhood vs. Corporate World: Why Women Cannot Have it All
- Matt @ Rambling Fever Money – Obama Screws the Lower Class
- John @ Married with Debt – Money Lessons from Literay Fiction
- J. Money @ Budgets are Sexy – Dear Soon To Be Named
This weekend is going to be pretty busy: suit shopping with my husband tonight, date night tonight, baby sitting tomorrow, softball game Sunday, interview practice with my husband, and who knows what else.What about you?