It’s Saturday afternoon. I’m sitting at Starbucks working on my laptop while my hubby is at the gym. Now, usually from 3-5 pm I have pilates and cardio kickboxing, but due to a family dinner we have tonight, I decided against it. I had a brunch this morning for a mentoring program I participated in, and then stopped by a friend’s house to pick up a finance book I need for Tuesday. If you don’t know already, I am counting down until I finish my studies this semester. It has been an extremely rough year, and it’s finally catching up to me. The good thing is that I did last this long, right? It’s crazy. Honestly I can’t believe I am already graduating. Four years ago I was still studying and taking AP and IB exams. I had just decided to come to my university, and had started planning what courses I wanted to take. It was an exciting time. I was going to move out and live on my own at college! Those times honestly make me smile.
Indulging in dreams have kept me going for a long time. I have been a little scared to indulge in dreams lately. I have no idea what’s going to happen next month. Will I have a job?
But I have realized that there’s not point in not indulging in dreams. Why should I be scared? So here is some insight into what my daydreams consist of lately:
1. Traveling- We are going to Hilton Head in 2 weeks and of course, I am so excited about it. One of my BFFs is moving to Boston for her Grad program in August, and I am going to visit her! I also have a friend moving to LA. I want to go visit my family in Mexico.
2. Car- I cannot wait to have my own wheels :). That’s all I have to say about that.
3. Routine- I have no routine at school. I can be working anytime during the day or night. If I do other things during weekends, I regret it during the week. Is it bad that I’m looking forward to the 8-5 routine?
4. Paycheck- Duh??? Who doesn’t want money???
5. Saving- Cannot wait to start contributing to our 401Ks, maxing out our ROTH IRAs, and start building up our savings.
On another note, Panda Express is genius. They put it right next to Starbucks. It’s also overrated. I totally should not have spent $8 on it. I am now $8.16 poorer.
What are you up to on this fancy day?
P.S. I need to register for fall classes to finish my MBA. :(